Tuesday, December 12, 2017

How to remove permanent marker/ sharpie stains from wood furniture

The other day Big Sister Z was drawing and coloring a picture for her cousin G. She asked me if she could use the red marker and I said yes without verifying which marker she was talking about. Turns out, it was a sharpie! The ink bled through the paper and seeped into my oak wood table. I couldn’t even be mad because I am the one who told her that she could use the sharpie. I immediately turned to Google to find out how to remove the marks from the table.
Sharpie/permanent marker stains 



Google offered various solutions, but most of them did not work (Peroxide, soap and water).
Toothpaste on the stains
Before giving up, I saw a post that suggested using non-gel toothpaste to remove the stains. At that point, I had nothing to lose so I decided to try it. I used a generous amount of Aquafresh children’s toothpaste and rubbed it on the stain/marks. I used a washcloth and firmly rubbed the spot in circular motion. The stains came off immediately. If you have been wondering how to remove permanent marker/sharpie stains from wooden furniture, simply rub non-gel toothpaste and wipe with a wet rag.


Toothpaste on the stains

No more marks!
You can thank me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment